In preparation for your session there a few things to remember.
Before your session
- Limited sunbathing, you don’t want any swimsuit tan lines
- Exfoliate your body and face
- Fingernails and toenails should be clean, a full manicure and pedicure is not necessary, but a clear polish will look best
- Your eyebrows should be clean, however don’t pluck/wax just before the shoot
- Shave/wax at least 6 hours before the session
- No spray or self-tanning, these often leave uneven results which can show in the images, and require extra time to retouch the portraits
- If tags are visible in see through lingerie, cut them out
- Drink plenty of water to ensure your skin is hydrated, this will ensure smooth and healthy skin for your session.
Day of your session
- Come with clean and moisturized skin, with no makeup as our hair and makeup artist will take care of all of that.
- Wash hair the day before, day old hair will hold the style better.
- Use a toothbrush on your lips to clean off any dry skin
- Liberal use of body lotion to moisturize your skin
- Avoid tight or form fitting clothing the day of the session. Tight clothing can leave lines on your skin, which isn’t attractive in the images.
- Consider going without undergarments prior to arrival, this will ensure smooth skin around the bra and waist lines.
- Drink plenty of water, this will ensure smooth and healthy skin for your session
- Eat a light meal before the session, while fun, the session will take some time, and you’ll need the energy to hold some of the poses. Don’t be afraid to bring some snacks, so long as they don’t affect your makeup.
- Refrain from using white deodorant the day of your session
What to bring
As part of your wardrobe consultation, you'll receive a custom Pinterest board with wardrobe suggestions just for you, but here are a few things everybody should bring:
- Jewelry: Jewelry can add to the outfit, pearls are always a sexy addition
- Accessories: stockings, thigh high socks, garters can only add to your image
- Shoes: Stilettos work best, and they make the legs look great. Black and nude are great choices and go with anything
- Colors: Keep it simple, whites, blacks, navy all photograph well, avoid overly shiny lingerie.